You don’t always have to invest in a major home improvement project if you want a fantastic looking exterior. Small details can also have a significant impact on your home’s appearance. They grab attention and show that you have an eye for detail and an appreciation for exquisite craftsmanship. Handyman Connection of Lexington talks about a few simple additions that will boost your home’s appeal:
- Rustic Wooden Brackets – You can use these under your eaves to add a rustic touch to your home. This works particularly well with mountain houses. They are very affordable and will make the exterior look more distinctive and rugged.
- Lighting – Exterior lighting is one of the most important ways to make your home look more beautiful. For instance, you can use surface-mounted lanterns to change the atmosphere of your front porch. It will make your entryway feel more welcoming.
- Pediment – A pediment is the triangular upper part of the front of a building with a classical architectural style. Installing a pediment over your front door and pairing it with exterior crown molding creates an attractive and cohesive entry for a traditional-style home. Select trim that complements your home’s architectural style.
- Stone Columns – These are another option for rustic-style homes. When choosing your columns, you need to think about proportion. Prepare by researching homes that look similar to yours and paying attention to their column design. You can also ask for professional advice.
- Dentil Molding – This option will look great with classical homes. The dentil is a small block that acts as a repeating element in molding. It is visually interesting and can spruce up your exterior. It’s also affordable if you use synthetic material.
These smart exterior upgrades will enhance your home’s appearance without significant investments in time and money. Handyman Connection of Lexington can help you with all your home maintenance and home improvement needs. We are your expert in carpentry, electrical, maintenance, painting, remodeling, painting, and many other services. Contact us to learn more ways to improve your home’s appearance. You can also ask for a free estimate.